KIDZLIST is an online application that helps people find local services they can trust by soliciting and aggregating reviews. To accomplish this, our users write reviews about local services that are posted to the KIDZLIST Site. These reviews can then be accessed and read by other KIDZLIST users. To fulfill the purpose of our site, we need to display a limited amount of personal information, so that users are able to evaluate the trustworthiness of a particular review.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- KIDZLIST does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If KIDZLIST learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, KIDZLIST will remove that post.
- KIDZLIST, or people who post on KIDZLIST, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- KIDZLIST collects user submitted account information such as name and email address to identify you and send you notifications related to the use of the service. KIDZLIST also collects user submitted location information such as city, state or zip. KIDZLIST also collects user submitted photos, reviews, and ratings of local businesses and service providers.
- Some information collected is not explicitly submitted by the user; we log your browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on KIDZLIST's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the KIDZLIST site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- Browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp data help us diagnose problems with our server, administer KIDZLIST, and otherwise provide the highest possible level of service to you. In addition, we use this information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, their advertising banners.
3. Controlling Your Personal Information
- You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, e-mail address) via reviews, messages, forums, postings, or in other areas of the KIDZLIST site, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of KIDZLIST. Please do not post any personal information on the KIDZLIST site or in other areas that you expect to keep private.
- As a registered KIDZLIST user, you can modify your personal information at any time by accessing the "Account" section of the site. Also, upon your request, KIDZLIST will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally remove you and your personal information from the site; however, it may be impossible to remove your entry without some residual information being retained by KIDZLIST. Registered users who wish to close their account should contact admin@KIDZLIST.com.
4. Data we store
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Registered job posters can access and update their account information through the account homepage.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
- Our website may contain links to third party websites to which we have no affiliation. KIDZLIST does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy polices on these third party websites.
- You hereby acknowledge that KIDZLIST is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
8. Emails and Opt-out
- KIDZLIST does not knowingly solicit information from any child under the age of 13. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or guardian) to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
9. Archiving and display of KIDZLIST postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with KIDZLIST - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available KIDZLIST postings, including resumes
10. Circumstances in which KIDZLIST may release information
- KIDZLIST may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
11. International Users
- By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of KIDZLIST we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
12. Terms And Modifications To This Privacy Statement
We welcome your feedback on this document in our feedback forum.
14. Contacting the Web Site
Po Box 1368
Lake Oswego, OR 97035